Monday, July 23, 2012

Gypsy and Cooking

Christmas is almost here! And I have been busy preparing for all the holiday fun! Still need a full view of the tree at night with the lights on but here is a little peak at it!



Monday I spent the night at Collection doing hair feathers and ended up doing some pretty cool ones! A bunch of feather braids which are always my favorite! Afterwards I was joined by some great girlfriends for some drinks!

Tuesday me and Nate had a really fun day! The Ottawa Citizen is doing an article on our friends over at Gypsy & Coand me and Nate were lucky enough to be asked to model their vintage clothes for the article! Can't wait to see it when it comes out! Afterwards we did the last of our holiday shopping, picked up some stocking stuffers and wrapping paper! Finally we went and picked up groceries for all the Christmas baking and got to work!

I made raspberry cheesecake truffles and nanaimo bars to add to the baking I have already done for my Christmas gift tins. Everyones getting fat this year on me! The truffles are a must try so here's the recipe for all my little foodie friends!

Raspberry Cheesecake Truffles
 Yields about 22 Truffles





Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened slightly
14 graham cracker sheets, finely ground in a food processor (about 1 cup)
3 Tbsp seedless raspberry jam
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
1/2 tsp raspberry ( I couldn't find and so I just added more jam)
6-8 drops red food coloring


1 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips (you can also use bark)
1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable shortening


2 graham cracker sheets, finely ground in a food processor (for topping)


Directions:
In a mixing bowl, using a fork, mix together cream cheese, 14 ground graham cracker sheets, raspberry jam, and powdered sugar. Stir into well combine. Mix in 1/4 cup melted white chocolate chips, raspberry extract and food coloring. Blend well. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and freeze 1 hour, or until firm enough to form mixture into balls.
Remove mixture from freezer and scoop mixture out by tablespoons and form into balls. Place on a wax or parchment covered baking dish or plate. Cover truffle balls with plastic wrap and freeze 1 hour, or until firm enough to dip in chocolate.
Melt chocolate chips with shortening in microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth (if using white chocolate I would do shorter intervals as white chocolate is more temperamental).
Remove truffles from freezer, using a toothpick or fork, dip truffle balls into melted chocolate. Return chocolate covered truffle to wax paper and sprinkle with ground graham cracker before chocolate hardens. Repeat process with remaining truffle balls. Place truffles in refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden. Store truffles in refrigerator in an airtight container.

2 more days of work left till the Holidays and I can't wait! Magical seafood dinner coming our way on Christmas eve and then off to my parents house in the country for a nice relaxing Christmas and I can't wait! Hope everyone is gearing up for an amazing holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment