Monday, August 6, 2012

Mermaid Hair

I don't know if most of you know this but in my younger days I was a hair stylist specializing in color and extensions. I moved around to much, as I was kind of a vagabond, to keep up a steady clientele anywhere so eventually I just ended up doing it on the side. And to this day I still do.

Which means a lot of my friends luck out and get things like a full head of fusion extensions for half what it would cost in a salon! This past week I did a full head and figured I would share all the fun with you guys.

So to do a head of extensions I prefer to use 2 at least if not 3 varying lengths of hair. You also need a heat gun some clips and patience! It's a tedious task but for some wierd reason I love doing it lol. Some people use finger caps (little gloves for each finger) but I prefer not too.


People always ask what the bonds look like under the hair and I always forget to take a picture so here is one I stole from google images so you guys can get the idea.






Alright so here is the before and after of the GF I did them for. Usually I would have curled them too because I always think extensions look best curled,but it got pretty late so it wasn't happening lol.




For her we used 22 inch and 20 inch hair (would have used 18 as well but they were out when we got the hair). Makes me miss my weaves! But I vowed to let my hair grow and get epic all on it's on and thats what I am sticking too!

Fusions are not for lazy people! If you don't want to maintain and style your hair properly don't ever get these or it will be a nightmare for you! But if you are willing to put in a little extra time on your hair and love the look then they are a great edition to your own mane!

How many of you have had fusions before and what did you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment