Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Holidays Are Here!

So growing up Christmas was always a big deal at our house. My mom always decorated the house beautifully and it has for sure rubbed off on me! We always went out and cut down our own tree every year. But with the 2 dogs it's just too messy so we decided on a fake tree.

I really wanted a white one so we went on a mission! 3 Walmarts later we finally found one, they were sold out everywhere! We decided to do teals and silvers to match our living room. Nate is American so to him setting up a tree so early was a little weird because down there thanksgiving hasn't passed yet lol. But we got him in the spirit by getting him to put the star on the top of the tree!

It turned out amazing!!! 3 cheers for our tacky Christmas tree!




I got my mom to snap a few corny family photos by the tree <3



The rest of the  house is starting to look pretty festive too! Not sully there yet but it's getting there.





I am off tomorrow and my plans are to get my Christmas cards ready to send out and make a wreath for the front door! Hope you are all starting to get in the Christmas spirit <3


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree.. not corny at all! I love white trees with blue & silver ornaments, simply beautiful. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Melanie! I tried my best to make it a fancy grown up tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree!! My first tree was white, and I decorated it with purple, silver and brass colored ornaments. I loved it. The only downfall of white trees is the show they dust fast - make sure when you store it you wrap it up well to help it last longer. Thanks for sharing your holiday decorations! It inspires me to share ours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks hon! We kept the box the tree came in so we are gonna pack it back up in there. I love real trees though so if it doesn't last forever it's not the end of the world it was fun and only cost $65! Walmart deals rule!

    ReplyDelete