Monday, November 5, 2012

Recipe:Texas Oven-Roasted Beef Brisket

I had a huge piece of Brisket left in the freezer  so I as always, googled some recipes. I found a few that sounded pretty alright but decided to go with Paula Deen's Brisket recipe, cause I mean really, how can that woman go wrong?

Ingredients
2 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon dry mustard
1   bay leaf, crushed
4 lb beef brisket, trimmed
1 1/2 cup beef stock
1 1/2 cup water

I really liked this recipe because aside from the beef stock I had all the ingredients in the cupboard!


Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard, and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub. Place in a roasting pan and roast, uncovered, for 1 hour.





Add beef stock and enough water to yield about 1/2 inch of liquid in the roasting pan. Lower oven to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours, or until fork-tender.



Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain. Top with juice from the pan.




Served it with garlic mash and brown sugar carrots! This was an insanely easy recipe with a huge pay off. Took max 10 mins to toss together before putting it in the oven, the meat turned out amazingly tasty and moist and I didn't have to pay any attention to it for 3 hours!

Perfect recipe to try for a Sunday night dinner or if you are having people over because this cut of meat is cheap you get so much for your money!


5 comments:

  1. Yum! This is one of the most delectable oven-roasted briskets I’ve ever seen! Looking at the preparation and the serving made my mouth water. I mean, just look how good that meat looks! I think the best part of this dish is that it is easy to cook, so I think it can prepared for dinner every once in a while. And this can certainly be a perfect dish for the whole family to share!


    @Liz Peters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! Lemme know if you guys try it out. We loved it and it will for sure be a go to recipe when I have the family or friends over cause it takes such little effort so I can still entertain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article and great knowledge. Thanks for the share. I love this story and enjoy with your words!

    Beef brisket recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also checked on the recipe and I was fascinated on how easy it was! I’ll be trying this recipe on my birthday next week, and I hope my guests will love this as much as you did. Well, I guess I have to believe that a woman can’t go wrong. :)

    Alex Staff

    ReplyDelete